Acknowledgements

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - West African Proverb

Acknowledgements:

FCS Kali San Diego - Established September 25th, 2011

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Catchin Up

http://www.fcscalicrew.com/2014/05/29/catching-up/

IMG_2435

Ok here's what happened in the last week or two:

New Website


First off I've been working on the new FCS Cali Crew website. If you haven't check it out yet, swing on over, browse around, and let us know what you think. I will also be posting my FCS Kali related blogs on this site as well anything else that is FCS Cali Crew related including news and events.

Practice


Second, though I missed practice last Saturday and Sunday due to family coming down from the Bay Area for Memorial Weekend, I did practice on Friday with James. He missed last Sunday's practice so we basically went over everything that Manong Rich showed us when he came down to San Diego. So Friday's practice had a focus on Cinco Teros and Sarong/Malong.

Since James already had the concepts down for Cinco Teros I basically showed him the combinations that we worked on. From there we took turns going over the drills that were shown to us on Sunday. No stick breaking this time though. lol. James was having a little trouble on the outside redondo so I showed him how practicing with one of my bolo trainers helped with my hand/wrist positioning, but in the end it was simply a matter of practice, practice, practice because though similar, hitting with a stick vs a blade has it's differences. That said we messed around working with bolos after.

Finally we went over Sarong/Malong. I showed him the two techniques that we went over. My Sarong is shorter than some so we had to make adjustments in positioning to make it work without strangling each other to death. The Wifey and I really like working with Sarong/Malong and we're looking forward to learning more techniques.

Kajukenbo Seminar


Third, on Saturday June 7th we will be attending the Kajukenbo Seminar being held at:

Place:
10440 Black Mountain Road
San Diego, CA 92126

Time:
9:30am-3:30pm

Contact:
Sigung Phil Dang
Kajukenbofight22@hotmail.com
(619)840-6964

Price:
$40 Pre Registration
$50 at the door

Well that's it for now. We have more things coming up so keep posted on this site. Thanks for reading, happy training, and see you next time. ItsYoBoyFlex and I'm out.

http://www.fcscalicrew.com/2014/05/29/catching-up/

No comments:

Post a Comment