Acknowledgements

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - West African Proverb

Acknowledgements:

FCS Kali San Diego - Established September 25th, 2011

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Breakfast... Oatmeal and Siniwali

Started the morning with a bowl of oatmeal and jumped into FCS practice with my brother in law.  Began with the salutation, kinda reminds me of a salute, genuflect, with a gunfighter ready pose twist.  Felt a little slow and awkward today, maybe because of the drink last night, or more like hungover from that terrible WWE  fight with Mayweather vs. Ortiz last night!!  Anyways, went over footwork, 12 basic strikes, some give and receive drills, hand to hand flow drill. 

Today the knife drills were fun, it's a sober reminder practicing with simulated blades that every mistake you make, it's a potentially costly lethal cut!



 Trying to get the flow.
 

 As I'm doing this, somewhere in my head, "Wax on wax off... 
or paint the fence side to side" was resonating.
 




 Paying for a mistake my body can't afford to cash!



Ended with siniwali drill, timing was off or not up to speed by the time we got to end with siniwali which is usually my high note.   Anyways, more reason to practice this week!


As I  slowly come further along in practicing and learning about FCS I am further motivated, and a  favorite and memorable quote inspires me...   "....the sleeper has awakened...!"






"Live Now!" - L.D. Stoney Stone

Peace out...

Erwin G.

No comments:

Post a Comment